Areas of Practice
- Professional License Defense
- Criminal and DUI Defense
- Investigation Defense
Practicing law for over 19 years
- Highly skilled in criminal and DUI defense
- License defense for physicians, nurses, health care businesses, and all California professional license holders
- Successfully handled over 1,600 cases, trials and hearings
- Excellent record of acquittals and charge reductions
- Department of Consumer Affairs DOI investigations
- DEA investigations
- DMV Admin Per Se hearings
- Hastings College of the Law, Juris Doctor, 1999
- University of California Berkeley, B.A.
Experience you can count on
When your life and career are on the line, Suzanne Crouts is the experienced defense attorney you can count on to skillfully defend your rights and fight your case. Ms. Crouts has a sterling reputation as a tenacious attorney that will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Client reviews rank Chudnovsky Law amongst the top rated law firms in California. Over the past 19 years Ms. Crouts has earned her reputation as a compassionate, highly skilled attorney for clients often dealing with some of life’s most stressful challenges.
Professional License Defense
Attorney Suzanne Crouts provides both criminal defense and professional license defense representation for nurses, doctors, pharmacists, dentists, health care businesses and all licensed professionals accused of inappropriate behavior or acts that may impact their ability to practice their profession.
If you are under investigation or are dealing with a license accusation, Ms. Crouts will represent you in front of all licensing boards and agencies including:
- Department of Consumer Affairs, Division of Investigation
- All 40 Department of Consumer Affairs licensing agencies
- California Nursing Boards
- Medical Board of California
- Board of Pharmacy
- Dental Board of California
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
Experienced in the complex intersection of criminal and licensing laws
Criminal charges or even a simple DUI arrest can trigger devastating consequences for licensed professionals. Ms. Crouts skillfully defends professionals for matters involving both criminal and license laws:
- California licensing board violations
- Criminal charges, DUI, drug diversion, or substance abuse
- DEA registrant investigations and violations
Criminal and DUI Defense
Ms. Crouts defends clients in all stages of criminal prosecution from police investigations and criminal court defense, to post-conviction relief. Clients often retain Suzanne to handle pre-filing defense with the goal of preventing the filing of criminal charges or getting them reduced before they are filed.
During over two decades of practicing criminal law in Southern California, Ms. Crouts has handled over 1,500 criminal cases of all types. She knows how the DA will construct their case against you and which defense strategies will be most effective.
Experienced trial lawyer
If your case needs to be decided by a jury trial (only a small percentage are), Suzanne’s 19+ years of experience will help secure the best outcome possible. She is prepared to skillfully challenge the prosecutor’s evidence against you and fight your case at trial.
Ms. Crouts has experience in all areas of criminal defense including:
- Misdemeanor defense and felony defense
- Serious felony and “strike” offenses
- Sex crimes
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and felony DUI
- Vehicular homicide and DUI causing great bodily injury
Over the past 19 years, she has handled nearly every type of felony and misdemeanor criminal case including: drug crimes, domestic violence, assault, battery, theft, robbery, burglary, shoplifting, drug trafficking and sales, sex crimes, insurance billing fraud, weapons charges, fraud, arson, murder and attempted murder, rape and crimes against police officers. Ms. Crouts is Of Counsel at Chudnovsky Law.
· · ·
Attorney Suzanne Crouts handles criminal defense and professional license defense cases throughout California, including: Glendale, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, Newport Beach, Pasadena, Santa Monica, Torrance, Van Nuys, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Ventura County.
Suzanne Crouts has an undergraduate degree from the University of California Berkeley and earned her Juris Doctor degree from the U.C Hastings College of the Law.
Ms. Crouts has received training and is certified in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.
Martindale-Hubbell | Lawyers | California Bar License
Suzanne Crouts keeps abreast of the latest changes in the law through continuing legal education and information from associations such as: