Areas of Practice
- Professional License Defense
- Criminal and DUI Defense
- Federal Criminal Defense
Practicing law for over 30 years
- Highly experienced former prosecutor
- Has handled over 5,000 cases and over 100 jury trials
- License defense for physicians, nurses, health care businesses and all California professional license holders
- Highly skilled in criminal and DUI defense
- Department of Consumer Affairs DOI investigations
- U.S. Attorney and DOJ Federal criminal matters
- FBI and DEA investigations
- Title IX investigations, hearings
- Fluent in Spanish, Italian, Hebrew and Portuguese
- Licensed to practice in California
- Admitted to practice in many Federal district courts
- Admitted to the Bar of the U.S. Supreme Court
Experience you can trust.
When your life and career are on the line, Robert Weinberg is the defense attorney you can count on to skillfully defend your rights and fight your case. As a former government prosecutor, Mr. Weinberg not only knows the system, he is at home in it.
Mr. Weinberg has an excellent track record of wins throughout Los Angeles, Orange County and California. He has a sterling reputation as a tenacious attorney that works tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Client reviews rank Chudnovsky Law amongst the top rated law firms in California. Over the past 30 years Mr. Weinberg has earned his reputation as a compassionate, highly skilled attorney for clients often experiencing some of life’s most challenging circumstances.
California Professional License Defense
Mr. Weinberg provides both criminal and administrative law professional license defense representation for physicians, nurses, dentists, pharmacists, chiropractors, health care businesses and all licensed professionals accused of inappropriate behavior or acts that may impact their ability to practice their profession.
If you are under investigation or your license has been suspended or revoked, Mr. Weinberg will adeptly represent you in front of Federal and all California professional licensing boards including:
- All 40 Department of Consumer Affairs licensing agencies
- Medical Board of California
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- California Department of Real Estate
- California State Board of Pharmacy
- Dental Board of California
- Osteopathic Medical Board of California
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- California Department of Real Estate
- Medicaid and Medicare fraud control units
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
Adept at Complex Intersection of Licensing and Criminal Law
Criminal charges or even a DUI arrest can create serious challenges for licensed professionals. Mr. Weinberg skillfully defends licensed professionals for matters involving both California and Federal law:
- California healthcare licensing board violations
- Criminal charges, substance abuse or DUI
- Medicare, Medi-Cal and Medicaid fraud
- DEA registrant investigations and violations
Criminal and DUI Defense
Mr. Weinberg defends clients in all phases of criminal prosecution from initial law enforcement investigations to arrest and throughout the process. Clients often retain Mr. Weinberg to handle pre-filing defense with the objective of preventing the filing of charges or getting charges reduced before they are even filed.
During his years as an Orange County Deputy District Attorney, Mr. Weinberg prosecuted thousands of crimes of all types. Mr. Weinberg knows how prosecutors construct a case against you and which defense strategies will be most successful.
Often it is not the facts of the case that result in the best resolution, but understanding the system, relationships and a skillful presentation of your case to the judge or prosecutor. Mr. Weinberg knows what prosecutors and judges are thinking and what they need to know in order to resolve your case favorably.
Extensive trial experience
If your case will be decided by a court trial (only a small percentage are), Mr. Weinberg’s experience will help achieve the best outcome possible.
He has cross-examined countless experts and is prepared to skillfully challenge prosecution evidence presented against you and aggressively fight your case at trial.
Mr. Weinberg has experience in every area of criminal defense including:
- Misdemeanor defense, felony defense, multiple felonies
- Special circumstance homicide
- Licensed professionals charged with crimes or DUI
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and felony DUI
- Felony DUI with great bodily injury
- Sex crimes
- Federal white collar crimes
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) matters
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) matters
Over the last 30 years, he has handled virtually every type of misdemeanor and felony criminal case including: drug crimes, theft, robbery, burglary, shoplifting, sex crimes, domestic violence, assault, battery, insurance billing fraud, weapons charges, fraud, murder and attempted murder, narcotic drug trafficking and sales, arson, embezzlement, rape and crimes against law enforcement officers.
· · ·
Attorney Robert Weinberg handles criminal defense and professional license defense cases throughout California including Irvine, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, Westminster, Anaheim, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Long Beach, Torrance, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County and Santa Monica.
Robert Weinberg has an undergraduate degree from the University of Southern California and earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Robert is fluent in 5 languages including Spanish, Italian, Hebrew and Portuguese.
Robert Weinberg in the Press
Robert K. Weinberg is a legal authority in criminal defense and professional licensing matters. He has been featured in national news media to discuss famous cases and provide expert legal analysis. The following are links to some examples of Robert K. Weinberg in the press:
- The Washington Post
- CBS News
- American Dental Association
- The Los Angeles Times
- Electronic Health Reporter
- NBC News
- WP Healthcare News
- The Orange County Register
- National Public Radio
- Baltimore Post Examiner
- National Post
- Fox News
- The Self Employed
- Inside OC
- La Republica
- US News & World Report
- The New York Daily News
Robert Weinberg keeps abreast of the latest changes in the law through continuing legal education and associations such as:
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers