Garden Grove Criminal Defense Lawyer
Criminal charges can be life changing. They affect careers, families and can end in jail time. This is not an ordeal anyone should risk alone. You need expert advice and the best Garden Grove criminal defense lawyer or Garden Grove DUI lawyer to defend you.
With over 8,000 criminal and DUI cases defended, Chudnovsky Law attorneys have the expertise to resolve your case and protect your future.
Our award-winning criminal lawyers have 60+ years experience handling all felony or misdemeanor criminal charges, DUI, investigations and criminal immigration cases.
Former Orange County DA defending you
It is times like these when you hire the best Garden Grove criminal lawyer to protect and guide you through the storm. Chudnovsky Law’s legal team offers you:
- Former prosecutors known and respected by judges and DAs. We know OC courts, how to navigate them and how to secure excellent case results for you.
- Compassion and respect for you during this stressful process.
- Skilled attorneys with top ratings and client reviews.
Every case is unique and requires careful analysis. We start by listening to you to learn what happened and what your goals are. Then we review the DA’s case and all evidence to develop the best defense strategy.
If you’re facing any Garden Grove crime allegation or charge, we can immediately help. You can rest assured we are committed to protecting you every step of the way.
Call (949) 750-2500 for a no-obligation, free consultation. We offer affordable fees and flexible payment plans.
Chudnovsky Law lawyers are rated Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers and ranked best Orange County criminal defense lawyers according to Expertise.com.
With experience in both Orange County Superior Court and Federal courts, our legal team has the capability to resolve all California and Federal criminal matters:
- Tsion Chudnovsky has over 16 years of experience defending clients in all phases of criminal and criminal immigration matters. She is an accomplished trial attorney with a focus on criminal defense and immigration law. Tsion is fluent in 5 languages and is a leading authority in criminal defense for both U.S. citizens and foreign citizens. Read bio →
- Robert K. Weinberg is a former government prosecutor with over 30 years of experience in state and Federal criminal defense and professional licensing defense. Robert has personally handled more than 5,000 cases and court trials giving him unparalleled courtroom experience and knowledge of the criminal justice system. Robert is fluent in 5 languages. Read bio →
- Suzanne M. Crouts is a pre-eminent criminal defense attorney with over 19 years experience. Suzanne has handled more than 1,500 criminal cases and trials of virtually every kind. She is handle criminal defense, DUI, and professional license defense cases. Read bio →
★★★★★ 5-Star ratings
A client-focused approach and 100% dedication to securing the best possible results has helped us earn 5-star ratings on:
If you’d like to review how we can help you resolve your criminal matter and get your life back, give us a call at (949) 750-2500 for a free consultation.
Criminal defense and DUI cases we handle
Our felony lawyers in Orange County handle cases throughout Garden Grove, including: West Garden Grove, Colonia Manzanilla, Rustic Lane and La Colonia Independencia.
Contact us for any Garden Grove felony or misdemeanor criminal charge, including:
- Domestic violence, including: criminal threats, battery, corporal injury and child endangerments.
- Drug crimes, including: possession, cultivation, manufacturing, distribution, sales, prescription drugs, methamphetamine and all controlled substances.
- DUI charges, including: misdemeanor 1st DUI, 2nd, 3rd, felony DUI, DUI drugs, DUI with injury, and vehicular manslaughter.
- Federal criminal defense, including: forgery, espionage, financial crimes, insider trading, securities, tax fraud, tax evasion and white collar crimes.
- Criminal immigration defense, including: deportable crime defense, F1 visa defense and criminal and immigration law.
- Professional license defense, including: license defense for nurses, dentists, chiropractors, doctors and more.
- Sex crimes, including: prostitution defense, sexual assault, solicitation, statutory rape, lewd conduct and more.
- Theft crimes, including: burglary, armed robbery, petty theft, grand theft auto and shoplifting.
- Violent crimes, including: arson, assault and battery, hit and runs, kidnapping, homicide, weapons charges, manslaughter, weapons charges and more.
- White collar crime, including: credit card fraud, conspiracy, identity theft, tax crimes, forgery, embezzlement and fraud.
- See full list of practice areas
We can defend you during any phase of criminal justice proceedings from the initial law enforcement investigation, arrest, negotiation with the prosecutor and throughout the court process. Our lawyers recall warrants, attend bail hearings, resolve probation violations and seek post-conviction relief or expungement of criminal records.
Our Orange County misdemeanor attorneys can also intervene with investigators before charges are filed with the goal of getting charges rejected or lowered before filed.
Garden Grove criminal immigration lawyer
Criminal charges and even a simple arrest can cause deportation of noncitizen immigrants and major problems for permanent resident/green card and naturalization applications. The intersection of California criminal and Federal immigration laws is very complex.
Tsion Chudnovsky is a nationally-recognized criminal immigration lawyer skilled at handling foreign citizen criminal defense for DACA recipients, F1 visa international students, undocumented immigrants and all US immigration visa holders.
Tsion uses her knowledge of both criminal defense and immigration law to defend clients and carefully navigate through the complicated challenges faced.
Call (949) 750-2500 for Help Now
Our experienced attorneys know how to protect your record, your freedom and your future. We handle cases in Garden Grove and throughout Orange County from our Newport Beach office.
Professional license criminal defense
Criminal charges and investigations can wreak havoc on professional licensees such as nurses, medical doctors, dentists and financial professionals. Licensees face California Medical Board investigations and disciplinary actions that can include license revocation, suspension or restrictive probation terms.
Robert Weinberg, Melissa DuChene, and Suzanne Crouts are rare attorneys that are both professional license defense lawyers and a top criminal defense attorneys. They provide both criminal defense and license defense for all healthcare licensees including:
- Medical license attorney
- California nurse license defense attorney
- Chiropractic license defense attorney
- Dental Board of California investigation lawyer
- Pharmacist criminal defense attorney
Chudnovsky Law handles every type of criminal defense matter involving professional licensees including: Garden Grove nurse DUI defense, medical doctor DUI defense, Department of Consumer Affairs license investigation, Medical Board of California license defense, DEA investigation, insurance billing fraud, nurse criminal defense, doctor criminal defense, dentist DUI defense, and Nursing Practice Act violations.
Call (949) 750-2500 to start on your defense.
Garden Grove arrest process
When arrested for a crime in Garden Grove, there are several steps:
1. Booking and jail
- After arrest, you will usually be taken to Garden Grove Police Department located at 11301 Acacia Pkwy in Garden Grove, CA 92840. You can call (714) 741-5704 for information about the jail or an inmate. This police jail is used to temporarily hold up to 16 inmates before release or transfer to an Orange County Jail.
- You can search for arrestees held in Orange County jail custody by using the OC Sheriff’s Department online inmate search tool.
- You may be released if you post bail or the DA does not file charges. Otherwise, you will stay in custody until police take you to your court arraignment. The DA typically only has 48 hours to file criminal charges.
- Garden Grove bail for inmates is set by judges based on the OC bail schedule.
2. Court arraignment
- Garden Grove cases are usually handled at West Justice Center at 8141 13th Street, Westminster, CA 92683. Call (657) 622-5900 for court info.
- Garden Grove criminal cases are prosecuted by the Orange County District Attorney West Justice Center Office.
- The arraignment is your first court appearance where the judge informs you of your rights and what you’re being charged with. At the arraignment you will be asked to enter a plea of not guilty, guilty, or no contest.
3. After arraignment
- This guide explains how the process will vary based on whether the charge is a felony or misdemeanor.
- During the pre-trial stage, motions can be filed, discovery evidence is exchanged, the defendant can change their plea, and a plea deal resolution can be negotiated.
- If the prosecutor handling your case will not dismiss the charges and no plea resolution can be agreed upon by the parties, the case will then be decided by a court trial or jury trial.
Criminal charges can be devastating to life as you know it and your family. Our expert attorneys are here to guide and protect you every step of the way.
“Attorney Nicole Enyart recently handled a complex case for me. She and her office did an excellent job. We were hoping for a plea reduction to dry reckless on a Santa Barbara DUI charge. Ms Enyart got the charges dismissed entirely with no fines. I can highly recommend her and her firm to anyone looking for an excellent criminal defense attorney.”
Contact a Garden Grove criminal lawyer
If you’re being investigated, a warrant is out for your arrest or criminal charges are being pressed against you, do not rely on the justice system to get your case right.
Call us today at (949) 750-2500 to protect your freedom and rights.
Chudnovsky Law is located at 23 Corporate Plaza Dr, Suite 150, Newport Beach, CA 92660. We are near Garden Grove, West Justice Center and Westminster. You can call us at (949) 750-2500, we are open 24 hours. We represent clients throughout Garden Grove and all of Orange County, California.
Getting to Chudnovsky Law from Garden Grove is easy, just follow these easy driving directions. Take S Euclid St south, then merge onto I-405 S. Take I-405 S, then merge onto CA-73 S toward San Diego. Take CA-73 S to MacArthur Blvd. Exit MacArthur Blvd toward Newport Beach. Continue on MacArthur Blvd, turn right on San Miguel Dr. Then make an immediate left onto Avocado Ave. Continue on Avocado Ave, turn R into Corporate Plaza, then turn L on Corporate Plaza Dr. Chudnovsky Law will be on your right.
NEAR HARBOR JUSTICE CENTER
23 Corporate Plaza
Dr, Suite 150,
This information does not constitute legal advice. No representations are made as to its accuracy and appropriate legal counsel should be consulted before taking any actions. Contact us to see if Chudnovsky Law is the best Garden Grove criminal defense lawyer for you.
We represent clients throughout Orange County and the following Garden Grove, CA zip codes: 90680,92703, 92840, 92841, 92842, 92843, 92844, 92845 and 92846.
· · ·
Written by Tsion Chudnovsky and David Stein