Many physicians assume the Medical Board is on their side. Unfortunately this is not true. The MBC takes complaints and misconduct allegations seriously and they quickly file California Medical Board disciplinary actions against physicians and surgeons for misconduct.
If you are facing a Medical Board of California complaint, it is important to consult an experienced California medical license defense attorney to help avoid the risks in investigation and disciplinary proceedings.
California Medical Board statistics show complaints are rising
Medical Board of California statistics show during 2009-2018 complaints and investigations of Physicians and Surgeons surged 69% from 6,437 to 10,888 per year.
Complaints of gross negligence and unprofessional conduct were by far the most prevalent with the public. During fiscal year 2017-2018:
- 10,888 total complaints were filed
- 6,632 (64%) of the total complaints were filed by the public
- 4,956 gross negligence/incompetence complaints filed
- 2,885 unprofessional conduct complaints filed
- 539 insurer and attorney reports of malpractice filed
- 421 unlicensed/unregistered complaints filed
- 156 fraud complaints filed
- 504 cases referred by investigators to the Attorney General
- 36 cases referred for criminal action
Complaints received by type, 2018
Number of complaints to Medical Board of California by type during fiscal year 2018
· · ·
To learn more, call Chudnovsky Law at (844) 325-1444 to setup a consultation, or visit:
- Professional license defense attorney
- Nursing license defense attorney California
- Dental Board of California investigation attorney
- Pharmacy license defense lawyer California
- Chiropractor license defense attorney
Chudnovsky Law’s team of attorneys have over 65 combined years of experience representing every type of licensed health care professional throughout California.
· · ·
- Can doctors use marijuana with a medical license in legal states?
- How does the Patient’s Right to Know Act affect physicians?
- Guide to the 6 stages in medical license defense
- CA limits criminal conviction penalties on medical license (AB-2138)
- California medical malpractice settlement statistics
- California Board of Nursing complaint guide